A bedroom at a house in Ripon has been destroyed after a fire in the early hours of Easter Sunday.

The blaze broke out at around 1.45am at the property on Westgate.

Fire crews from Ripon, Harrogate and Boroughbridge went to the scene.

They say the fire caused ‘100% damage to the bed’ and ‘60% damage to the bedroom’. It also caused smoke damage to both the first floor and the ground floor of the property.

Firefighters have identified smoking as a possible cause of the blaze.

Read more local stories from Your Harrogate here