Harrogate Theatre is looking to recruit twelve teen chorus dancers for Aladdin – their chosen Christmas pantomime for 2022.
The theatre is aiming to put together three dancing teams for performances throughout the festive season.
Applicants must be between 13 and 17-years-old and willing to miss approximately seven days of school for rehearsals and performances.
A spokesperson for Harrogate Theatre said:
“This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a professional performing company and learn about the commitment required to be a performer.
“We are unable to offer any payment to pantomime dancers, but this is a wonderful experience that you will never forget!”
Harrogate Theatre Choreographer David Lee will be holding auditions on Sunday 17th July from 1pm at the theatre.
Applicants must answer ‘yes’ to all of the following requirements:
- I am 13 years old or over on 22 November 2022 and under 18 years old on 15 January 2023.
- I am able to attend rehearsals from 24 October – 12 November (will include some Saturday mornings).
- I am able to attend technical and dress rehearsals between 14 November – 22 November. This will involve taking some time off school.
- I am able to perform on various dates from 23 November 2022 to 15 January 2023 (approx. 25 performances). This will involve taking time off school and performing over the Christmas and New Year holidays (not Christmas Day or New Year’s Day).
- I take full responsibility for getting myself to and from all rehearsals and performances.
- I am able to pick up choreography quickly.
A theatre spokesperson added:
“As a rough guide the total time required off school is approximately 7 days across rehearsals and performances.
“Please discuss this with your family and school before you audition. You may also need to take time off from any extracurricular activities.
“Being part of the Harrogate Theatre Pantomime Company is a wonderful experience and lots of fun, but it does require a serious commitment from you and your family.”
To be seen, email a completed application form and attach a photograph by Tuesday 12th July to email@example.com
Download the application form HERE.