Harrogate Mumbler and Harrogate Business Improvement District (BID) have created a half-term, family-friendly Halloween trail around Harrogate town centre.
Safe, fun and completely free, the Halloween Trail will go live on Thursday 22nd October and will run each day until the spooky day itself – Saturday 31st October.
There are ten different Halloween trail images in the windows of ten participating Harrogate town centre retailers – and once all ten have been found, families can pop into any of these shops and pick up a Halloween treat!
Families are encouraged to download and print their own answer sheets from the Harrogate Mumbler website, however there will be a limited number of answer sheets available at all participating retailers!
Harrogate Mumbler has created three sets of clues – easy, medium or hard – all of which are available online on the Harrogate Mumbler website.
Harrogate Mumbler founder Sally Haslewood said:
“We are absolutely thrilled to be partnering up with Harrogate BID for this free Halloween Trail. As a mum of two, I know how difficult it can be to shop with young children, yet there has never been a bigger need to support our town centre retailers.
“My hope is that this Halloween trail makes a trip to town much more fun for young families, providing a completely free activity for families during half term and bringing some much-needed footfall to our town centre.”
Harrogate BID Acting Chair Sara Ferguson said:
“More than ever the town centre needs the support of locals and visitors alike, and this Halloween trail is a fantastic way to bring children and their parents into it this half term.
“The trail will allow them to fully explore Harrogate town centre, taking them down streets and into shops they may not have visited before.
“And once they see just what the town has to offer, I’m sure they will return time and time again.”
Which Harrogate shops are participating?
Ten Harrogate stores have agreed to take part – families will need to visit them all to complete the trail:
- Cook – West Park
- Hillarys – Albert Street
- Jespers – Oxford Street
- Waterstones – James Street
- Farrahs – Montpelier
- The Body Shop – Market St
- Up & Running – Lower Station Parade
- True Tea Company – Commercial Street
- Cafe M – Entrance Victoria Shopping Centre
- Bijouled – Parliament Street
How is the Halloween trail Covid-safe?
- People are asked to only do the trail in groups of 6, or with your household/support bubble.
- The trail can be done with no close contact – you do not have to enter any premises to participate.
- You can download and print the answer sheets at home, and bring your own pen or pencil.
- All window displays will be visible from the street.
- You do not have to collect the prize at the end, just complete the trail for fun or bring your own prize for your own children for a fun alternative to Trick or Treating.
Families are also being encouraged to tag Harrogate BID and Harrogate Mumbler in any social media posts and use the hashtag #harrogatehalloweentrail.