Harrogate Borough Council have announced that applications are now being accepted for the government’s Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG).
Small local businesses that have been legally forced to close during the second national lockdown will be able to apply for a grant of up to £3,000 depending on the rateable value of the business premises.
If your business has more than one eligible premises you will receive a grant for each one.
Which businesses are eligible?
According to the Harrogate Borough Council website, Harrogate businesses may be eligible for a grant if they:
- occupy property on which they pay business rates (and is the ratepayer)
- have been required to close for at least 14 days because of the restrictions
- have been unable to provide usual in-person customer service from their premises.
Your business won’t be eligible for the grant if:
- it is not rated for business rates purposes
- it has not been ordered to close or stop trading
- it was not operating before the restrictions were imposed
The Local Restrictions Support #Grant is open for applications. #Harrogate district #businesses may be eligible if they:
•pay business rates
•are required to close because of the restrictions
•are unable to provide usual services e.g. takeaway onlyhttps://t.co/3t6W7tmebR
— HBC for Business (@HBCBusiness) November 16, 2020