Name: Woodfield Community Primary School
Acting Executive Headteacher: Mr Mathew Atkinson
Our vision is to provide a positive, happy and safe environment within a strong community; where every child feels recognised and valued. Woodfield is a place where pupil’s success and achievements are celebrated and inspirational, high quality teaching means our children develop an enthusiasm for learning.
Our Curriculum aims to develop the RESPECT character traits:
What’s new at Woodfield?
- Brand new dynamic curriculum – Each topic is well planned and sequenced with a ‘hook’ for learning to really get the children excited about their learning.
- Computer Suite – 24 brand new touch screen computers with up to date software to support the teaching of the computing curriculum. The computer suite is regularly used to support learning in other subjects.
- Commando Joes – Commando Joes is a resource used in school with whole classes, groups or individuals to develop our RESPECT character traits. It will ensure that when pupils leave Woodfield they are prepared for the next stage in their life
- Now Press Play – now>press>play is an immersive audio resource that brings the curriculum to life through sound, story and movement.
- New subjects for 2020 – We now deliver Spanish lessons to our pupils and we have a music teacher who is teaching the ukulele and guitar
- I Want To Ride My Bike Lessons – We have welcomed Dave in from- I Want To Ride My Bike – to deliver cycling lessons to all pupils at Woodfield.
- Weduc – our very own school app, providing ease of communication, access to documents and more to our parents and students.
Google 360 tour of the school
With thanks to Tim Cook from the Harrogate Informer, we now have an amazing 360 degree tour of the school on Google! Take a look at our classrooms, our amazing green space, our ICT Suite and more!
Early Years Setting – Classroom Tour and Meet the Teacher
Class 1 is currently made up of our nursery, reception and Year 1 students. The students love our setting with so much to explore. Take a look and meet our fabulous team, Mrs Hudson and Mrs Williams.
You can now follow us and our school’s activities and events on social media. Search @SchoolWoodfield on Facebook or Twitter!